Port Charlotte Mold Damage Emergency Tips!
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your home. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your home.
What you can do until help arrives If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What To Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Venice and Port Charlotte for mold remediation services.
What NOT To Do:
- Don't touch or disturb mold.
- Don't blow are across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don't attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don't spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Port Charlotte has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation. Call (941) 629-0966