What to do if your Port Charlotte Business has Mold
It is something we never want to see, but sometimes do. MOLD! Whether it is in your warehouse, restaurant, lab, or your office, a mold infestation can lead to health effects and damage to the property's structure. If you suspect mold in your commercial space, it is important to contact a professional remediation company like SERVPRO of Port Charlotte immediately for fast action.
What Business Owners Should Know About Mold:
Mold is naturally occurring, so any business that claims 'Mold Removal' is using a fallacy. Mold is always present, so the goal is to get the level of mold to an acceptable amount. A Florida licensed air quality hygienist or mold assessor can provide you with a report that shows the type of mold along with the current levels and recommended levels.
Every building contains microscopic mold spores, so it is critical that you know some of the facts:
- Mold is everywhere, both inside and outside of buildings.
- Mold thrives in moist environments and quickly colonizes when spores become exposed to water. When this happens, the colonies can bring on adverse health effects.
- Microscopic in nature, mold spores travel through the air and often enter into commercial buildings through doors, windows, HVAC systems, or on the clothing of people who enter.
- Whenever a significant amount of mold is present, you may start to notice a strong, musty odor.
- It is elemental that moisture or standing water areas get cleared up before mold remediation services can begin. Without this step, mold can quickly return.
- It is best to note that higher humidity levels can create the ultimate atmosphere for mold growth. It is suggested that the indoor humidity of your building is kept lower than 50%.
Are There Signs for Which I Should Look:
One of the reasons that mold damage goes undetected is that it is usually hidden and hard to find. Should you have one or more of the following issues, you can contact SERVPRO of Port Charlotte to start the inspection process:
- Problems with your HVAC system
- Recent water damage or flooding
- Leaks from burst pipes or machinery
- Noticeable musty odors
- Water stains or discoloration on ceilings or walls
In some instances, there could also be damage to the structure of your Port Charlotte commercial space. Mold is known to grow on and eventually destroy materials such as:
- HVAC systems
- Furnishings, and more
If you suspect mold in your commercial structure or business office, give us a call at 941-629-0966 for fast and professional assistance.